One of the best things about my job (and this industry) is that I get the chance to work with truly kindred spirits. The people who are honestly and truly excited about social media are some of the greatest folks around. Last summer
Today I’m happy to announce that I’m partnering up with ForumOne to lend a hand on their fantastic Online Community Research Network. We’re still getting ramped up, and I’ll be reporting in soon with more info about what my contribution will be. But if you’re interested in online community (and you must be if you’re reading my blog), then be sure to check out the OCRN. It’s a fantastic resource, tight knit community of day-to-day practitioners, and brought to you by the same folks that put on one of my favorite conferences of near memory, the Online Community Unconference.
Here’s a bit more about the OCRN benefits:
- Immediate access to all current research, six months prior to public release (currently 6 studies/year)
- Invitation to submit research topic ideas
- Review and input on all survey instruments.
- Access to topical Research Roundtable web conference discussions following each report (currently four per year). These include fuller analysis of research results, selected case studies, and member Q&A.
- Access to current and archived Research Roundtable screencasts
- Access to the Online Community Resources Archive, describing and prioritizing over 100 resources of interest to online community professionals
- Ability to “Request Advice” from fellow community professionals
Prices are dang low, the content is timely, and the other members are incredibly helpful and knowledgeable. What are you waiting for??