Even though I have about a thousand books to read, I broke down today and picked up the new Malcolm Gladwell book, Blink. (This link is a great Q&A with Gladwell about the concepts of the book) If it’s even half as good as The Tipping Point (same type of Q&A), I’ll likely have it read by the end of the week.
I’m off to Denmark for work, so I’ll likely be slow in posting this week. Bear with me!
In the meantime, here’s a few interesting links I’m come across this weekend. Some are from as far as 1999 – interesting to read how similar community thinking was back them.
- Gladwell “Blink” keynote
- Scoble’s Viral Marketing Manifesto (I think he’s one manifesto away from his free log cabin without power in the woods at this point)
- Xbox Live’s Major Nelson’s GDC blog and podcast
- Incredible LEGO creation – The Hall of Albirona
- Ding ding ding – What’s in your wake article gets it right
- Hate customers, kicked in the head by a donkey, and more hilarity
- Viralmeister.com – find the newest Internet crazes
- Fortune’s Top Business Books – a great list that isn’t as “standard” as expected
- Nurturing Community through collaboration
- Collaboration and Community
- Community Defined
- Moderators.net – an interesting site for people running online communities