Sean over at MarketingSherpa pinged me last week to chat about best practices for adding social functions to a Web site. We talked for quite a while and he distilled my ramblings down into a great article. Here’s the quick review of the 5 core steps we talked about:
- Tip #1. Choose where to allow user interaction and what types of contributions complement your content
- Tip #2. Start with a small group of contributors
- Tip #3. Write community guidelines in terms users can understand
- Tip #4. Appoint a community manager
- Tip #5. Use technology to assist the moderator
Be sure to read the full article, it’s good stuff if I do say so myself.